Saturday, February 16, 2008

Autumn Leaves & SMO Finished


This past Wednesday was a snowday and this was the 5th one of the season. Because the school district in my area does not build any snowdays in to the calendar, we will now have to go an additional week to make up the days. I sure hope we don't any more snowdays this winter. I spent the day stitching these two ornament size pieces by Sanman Originals. They are both stitched with DMC on 28 ct opalescent fabric over 2. I have several charts like these that are all snowmen or snowflakes and they are all pretty much the same size, I am not sure if I will finish them off as ornaments or if I will attempt to make a small winter hanging. I may attempt a wallhanging as I could leave it up longer. I have many more to go so I still have plenty of time to think about it and decide.




This one is Autumn Leaves by Prairie Schooler, I finished it just before the superbowl but just didn't get around to taking a photo and posting it. It is stitched with DMC on 28 ct Lambswool over 1. I placed the dollar in the photo so you would have a better idea of the true size. I only wish I had read all of the directions before I began stitching. I didn't think about all the ornaments being the same size and that you could stitch the one you liked the best in the middle. I would have chosen either the pumpkin or crow instead of the barn but I still like it the way it is. Not sure if I will frame it or make a smalll hanging but I do know that it will hang in my kitchen just below my cupboards :)

Until Next Time,
Kim

1 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

Just found your blog off of the 123 site. I love your Autumn Breeze over 1. I have that one kitted up and "barely" started...but I'm doing it over 2 and with Crescent colors.

You can visit my blog
dbbstitch.blogspot.com