Well, yesterday I took advantage of the unexpected day off and spent most of it stitching. It was great to just be able to sit inside, watch movies and stitch and not have to venture out in the mess. We did get about 9 inches of new snow and everything is once again clean and pretty but I am really getting anxious for warmer weather and spring. Here is my progress on Peppermint Twist, I am really enjoying working on this one. I think I am going to get a couple more of their charts when this one is done.
One strange thing I found yesterday, when I purchased the Peppermint Twist chart I purchased all the Weeks threads at the same time. When I started using the Hazelnut color on the reindeer, I noticed there are only 5 strands in the skein and not the usual 6 strands. I know I could have sent it back for a replacement but I really wanted to work on it now and not have to wait for another skein. I have never had that happen to me before but I will be sure to check the next time I purchase threads to make sure I am getting the whole skein.
Tyler's egg baby had a rough day today...it appears that the duck mask fell off the egg and while he was putting it back on, the egg fell to the floor breaking into three pieces. I have just spent a half hour trying to mend it back together with scotch tape and band aids. He is hoping the teacher will take pity on him and consider the fact he sought medical attention and won't require him to do all of the work. I am interested to see if she goes for it :)
Until Next Time,
Kim

0 comments:
Post a Comment