I have a hard time passing up good sales and it seems every time cotton yarn is on sale for $1 a skein, I just can't resist so I end up with oodles of it in my closet. I am trying to use up some of the stuff that is in my closet and am bored with doing the same ol pattern for dishcloths so I spent some time browsing the internet and found this cute snowbaby cloth pattern on Ravelry.
It was very quick to knit up and I think I am going to make another one and give them to a co-worker at Christmas time to tuck into her grand daughter's Christmas Stockings. I think it is just too cute to use for a dishcloth and I am sure they will like it.
I also found two similar patterns a knit one called a tribble and a crochet one called a twashi, both are for washing dishes. They each use small amount of yarn, work up quick and were fun to make. I can't decide which one I like better, I thought the crochet one was easier to finish but I like the size of the knit one better so I may just try to make the crochet one bigger. The crochet one also seems sturdier and tighter so I am thinking it would hold its shape better.I haven't tried them washing dishes yet but I paln to make more and I can picture a small basket of them on the counter brightening up my kitchen. The crochet pattern can be found Here
and the knit pattern can be found here Give them a try they are fun to make :)
Until Next Time,
Kim
7 years ago

2 comments:
Aww... that is the cutest little snowbaby piece, Kim. It just makes me smile :)
I checked out the crochet pattern ...thanks for the link. I have some cotton yarn odds and ends that I could use and avoid buting those ghastly nylon scrubbies. Your dishclothes are lovely and I like the idea of a basket or bowl of colorful tribbles [a reference to Star Trek?] and twashies.
Post a Comment