Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Stitcher's Corner Get Together

Back in 1985, I bought a small counted cross stitch kit for a dollar at Zayres Department store. I bought the kit to pass the time while we were riding to Boston to see the Red Sox play. I quickly figured out how to do it and I have been doing it ever since. I didn't keep that first project and I now look back and wish I had.

I have been reading a cross stitch message board daily now for at least 6 years. During this time, I have read the board daily and have learned so much about cross stitch, computers and just everyday life. It truly has been a great place for me to visit and I have enjoyed my visits there.

About a year ago, I discovered a Needle work store in Wiscasset, Maine called Stitcher's Corner. It is a small house that is just filled from the floor to ceiling with cross stitch goodies. There is a room on the second floor that is entirely threads. There is every kind of thread you can imagine and than some. The walls of the shop are filled with pictures that Janet, (the owner) herself has spent hours doing. It is truly an awesome place to visit.

A month or so ago, I went to the shop to do some shopping. While shopping, I mentioned to the lady working how fun it would be to get together with some others who stitch to share some conversation and stitching projects. Janet offered to let some of us use her stitching room at the shop if there was a few of us that would like to get together. I was so excited and thought about it all the way home that day. I came home and that evening posted a message on the message board to see if anyone was interested in meeting at Stitcher's Corner and spending a day chatting, shopping and stitching.

After a month of waiting, yesterday was the day for the four of us to finally meet. Cindy, Monica and Nikki & I all met at Stitcher's Corner and did a lot of chatting while shopping when we first got there. After we had purchased everything we wanted, we went in to the stitching room and had show and tell. Cindy had some beautiful Christmas Stockings that she had stitched for gifts for Christmas. Nikki had alot of beautiful finishes to show as well as the Random Thoughts Sampler she is doing and Monica had some beautiful pieces that she had made for her husband that only needed the beads. I shared some of the ornaments I had recently completed on 25 ct over 1. After show and tell we spent some time stitching on our current projects and talking.

We had so much fun while we were there, you wouldn't think that it was a group of people that had just met for the first time. They are an awesome group of girls and I am glad that we were able to get together. We were entertained through out the day by Janet's two cats, Snowflake & Midnight. They are very friendly, and kept us amused stretched out in the sun, chasing shadows and playing with a milk ring. We are planning to get together again sometime after the first of the year and a trip to a cross stitch store in New Hampshire is being thought about. I can't wait, it is so nice to beable to say I now have friends I know that stitch!



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Stitcher's Corner Wiscasset, Maine

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
View Of The Inside Of The Store, Charts Galore

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Upstairs Thread Room

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Stitched Models On The Walls

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The New England Sampler

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Snowflake Who Was Not Ready For Us To Leave

Until Next Time,
Kim

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Wow what an awsome shop. All those goodies.I am glad you had a great time.
That cat sure is cute =)

Barb said...

Looks like a nice shop. I loved that cat picture he sure is cute.