Here is Milly done and ready to hang on the tree. I noticed as I was cutting around it that I forgot to add the fringe to the scarf. I tried to get the felt off so I could add it but was afraid it would pull the stitches so I just stuck it back together. I still couldn't decide if I like the jingle bells or pom poms on the hat but my son Tyler liked the pom poms better so that is what I put on the top. I also added a clear filament hanger on the tops so I could hang them on the tree. I enjoyed stitching these but I think I done with snowmen for a while :) Below is a picture of all of them together.
My son and I are on school vacation this week. The weather has been great, lots of sun and warm temperatures. I am very happy to say that all those snowbanks I posted photos of earlier this year are now but a memory. The ground is drying out fast and hopefully, I will beable to rake the yard later this week.
I have been working on Lady Bugs and Bumble Bees by Country Cottage Needleworks and I love the colors. I had a hard time finding the right color to stitch it on. The model called for linen and the color is not available in lugana or jobelan so I went digging in the closet, chose a few pieces and did the floss toss. I finally decided on a piece of very light pink 28 ct material. I am stitching it over 1 with the threads it called for and I am enjoying watching it come to life. Here is what I have done so far.
Until Next Time,
Kim

4 comments:
Well I don't know what I did to delete my other comment.My son started hitting keys on the keyboard and next thing I know it says it is deleted. Strange. Anyways, your 3 snowmen look awesome. And I didnt' even notice the missing fringe on the scarf. I bet these will look great on your tree. And your new project looks great. I love the color of the fabric. Can't wait to see more of it done!
Love, love, love the snowmen!!!! :) Not sure when I will start mine, but to be sure, I will let you know once I do.
Lady Bug and bumble Bees is so pretty. I have never seen that one before. Wonder if I should stop visiting as I keep adding things to my wishlist when I visit here. Hee hee.
Oh my gosh I love the snowmen! I have these to do too, I was thinking of doing one for each of my daycare children with their names on it!
Post a Comment