Sunday, April 13, 2008

Something Different








I love to do counted cross stitch and it is my perferred hobbie but sometimes I just need a break and want to do something different. I crocheted these ornaments for my Christmas tree next year. They still need to be stiffened or starched but I think I will wait until closer to Christmas as they are much easier to store when they are soft. There are some others in the book I would like to do but not sure I am up to the challange yet. I am self taught and have only attempted to crochet a few things but so far I think they are looking OK :)

Yesterday was my Husband's birthday and we spent the day out and about. We went to Bugaboo Creek for lunch and then home for some movies and an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. I stitched a bit more today on the last snowman from the Snowman Trio pattern and just have the snowman's body left to stitch. I must say I am getting just a bit tired of stitching snowmen and I think this will be the last one I stitch for a bit. Been thinking about what to start next and so far I can't decide, I think I need to take a peek thru the stash pile and see what jumps out at me.

Until Next Time,
Kim







4 comments:

Sue said...

Very pretty ornaments ;)

Cindy said...

Love the ornaments. My MIL made us one similar to your angel. It hangs on my tree every year!

Cindy/Maine

Unknown said...

Love your ornaments! I have had the "you are my sunshine" gal changed into a boy. If you want the change email me and i'll send it to you.

Anonymous said...

Well done! I haven't crocheted ornaments like that in ages and the ones I did have, I gave to family. I think I need to make some for 2008's tree!
I too, needed to do something other than cross stitch, so I crocheted several plain dish cloths the other night...not too fancy I'm afraid. :o)

Erynne in Ontario