Thursday, May 15, 2008

LadyBugs & Bumblebees Finished

I finished up Ladybugs & Bumblebees by Country Cottage Needleworks last week. It was a fun stitch and the colors are so soft. I stitched it on 28 ct evenweave over 1. I used the colors the chart called for. Not sure how I will finish it off yet. I have alot of pieces that need to be finished off and this is one of the projects I have planned for summer vacation, which actually begins one month from tomorrow. Can you tell I am anxious and counting the days...



Here is a picture of it with a ruler beside it so you can have a better idea of the true size. Stitching over 1 has become my favorite way to stitch. I love the look of the smaller more delicate pieces and it sure does save on the cost of fabric not to mention the cost of overdyed threads and silks :)

I have started working on God Bless Our Home by Country Cottage Needleworks, I don't have alot done but I am really liking it. I will post a photo tomorrow.

I am off to another baseball game this afternoon. They played an awesome game on Tuesday and the game ended early due to the use of the Mercy Rule. (When a team is ahead by 10 or more runs after the fourth inning) It was the first win of the season for the Coyotes and they were some excited after the game....

Until Next Time,
Kim

2 comments:

patternnuts said...

Oooh, "Mercy Rule"? I learned something new! Now I can impress my Hubby with my baseball knowledge. :)
Oh my that is just so beautiful.
I love doing over one as well and for all the same reason as you. It's also great to make something with nice shading and details a little smaller so you can get away with more during an exchange too. (Size restrictions)

Sue said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish. I love how delicate the piece looks.

I give you credit for stitching 1/1, I love the look but I'm not fond of it, would rather stitch 1/2 on a high count linen ;)