Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New Projects...

The weather has been very wet for the past couple of weeks and we haven't been able to enjoy much outside activity. We have been camping as much as we can but it sure makes for a long day when you have to sit inside and listen to the rain hitting the roof of the camper for hours on end. That was the case last Thursday night and Friday all day. I got bored working on Yesteryear so I dug in the totebag and came up with a couple of new things to start.


I have been wanting to stitch these Button Up ornaments by Prairie Schooler for a long time, they are so cute and remind me of my own childhood. I am stitching them on 32 ct lambswool jobelan over 2 with DMC. I know they are pretty close together on the fabric but since I plan to cut them apart and make ornaments, I don't think I need much around each edge, just enough to wrap it around a thin piece of cardboard. I am planning to do all eight of them.

After working on those for a while, I still wasn't content so I went digging again and found this Blue Ribbon free chart called Acorns & Owls. I had kitted up a while ago. I really like fall and this design is so cute. However, while taking a break from stitching, I did some surfing on stitching blogs. I found a photo of this done with the GAST it called for and it was made into a small fabric bowl and I immediately decided I a going to get the GAST and stitch this one again on a bigger piece of fabric and try finishing it that way.

I got the call today and I go back to work the 27th and 28th for meetings and getting everything ready for the first day of school. I have a 4 day weekend for Labor Day and then the kids start back Tuesday. Tyler found out that football practices will start on the 25th, so summer vacation is beginning to wind down...I just wish the weather would be better, I am beginning to think I should have bought a new boat instead of a new camper..

Tuesdays are dollar days at the cheap seat movie theater. Tyler & I went to see Get Smart. Tuesdays are a pretty good deal, $1 each for us to get in, small drinks, small popcorn and all candy is $1.50 each. Makes for a pretty good and cheap way to spend yet another rainy day. The movie was pretty good and I think next week I am going to try to talk him into going to see Kit Kitridge, the American Girl movie. I have seen the previews for it and it looks pretty good.

Thanks to all who stop by and visit, I really enjoy checking back each morning and reading the comments you leave, it gets my day off to a nice start :)

Until Next Time,

Kim

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your ornaments are looking great. I don't think they are to close together, espically since you are going to make them into ornaments.

Are you glad that school is starting or do you like being home? I think I would love to be a teacher, be off all summer long. That would be awesome. LOL

Suburban Stitcher said...

I can definitely sympathize about summer ending...I work for the school district here and I go back tomorrow :( Beautiful stitching. Can't wait to see those ornaments!

Karen said...

you are cruising along on the ornaments and the blue ribbon freebie. great stitching!

Connie B said...

Nice job!!

Sue said...

I love the ornaments you are doing ;)

Barb said...

The Butrton up Ornaments are so cute! Great progress on both your pieces.

Rachel S-H said...

Very nice works. Love Acorns and Owls.