Monday, November 3, 2008

Something A Little Different...

I found a bunch of cotton yarn in my craft closet and decided to use it up and make some dishcloths. The first one pictured below is a knit one done with off white. The pattern was in a dishcloth leaflet I had.
I really like the pattern but I don't like how knitted dishcloths stretch and feel thin when they are wet. So, I went looking for crochet patterns for dishcloths and finally just decided to do some simple ones in single crochet only. The crochet ones are much thicker feeling, they don't stretch as much and each cloth uses a whole skein of yarn.

I just finished up the one in Christmas colors tonight and I am planning on sending three of the four off to my Mom this week. I know she will enjoy a surprise in the mailbox. I still have several single skeins of yarn left as well as a couple of the bigger cones so I think my linen drawer in the kitchen is soon to have lots of new pretty dishcloths. I am going to go back and work on my Holiday Kitty Ornament tomorrow but it was nice to do a different kind of needlework the past couple of days.

On the other side of life, I took Tyler for x-rays on his finger that he broke...We were reminded that things are not always as they appear. He had been wearing his splint for three weeks and the x-ray showed no change in the break, it hadn't even started to heal back together, even thought the swelling had gone down, he could move it pretty well and it was feeling good. He is now in a splint for another 5 weeks without taking it off for anything. I hope for lots of improvement when we go back in 5 weeks.

Until Next Time,
Kim


1 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Love your pretty dishcloths! Your mom will love them too!
I hope Tyler's finger heals soon:)