Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December Recap...


I can't believe today is the last day of 2008...I don't know where the month of December went but according to the calendar it is almost over. Even though I had most of my shopping done before the first of December, I still seemed to be busy with parties, wrapping, making out cards and just the everyday things that need to be done. I also have been filling in long term for a girl at work who has been out since the end of September, although it is only a couple of extra hours a day, is sure cuts into my stitching and computer time. One of my goals for 2009 is to do a better job keeping my blog updated on a regular basis. Enough rambling for now, here is a recap of the month of December.

Ed put up the tree the first week in December and I decorated it one afternoon after work while listening to Christmas carols on the radio. We usually decorate the tree together as a family but Ed was still working longer hours, Tyler likes to go work out after school and I had a few empty hours to fill. It stayed pretty good this year and the cats even seemed to leave it alone most of the time. A huge improvement from a couple of years ago when after we had the tree all decorated they chewed thru the light strings one day. Thankfully, it was unplugged at the time but we did have to undecorate it, change the lights and then put all the deocrations back on.

Tyler is still doing great in school and remains on Highest Honors for the first tri mester of the year. He has a GPA of a 97. I must say we are very fortunate to have a child who loves school and takes pride in all he does, he makes us very proud.





I finished the stitching on my Holiday Kitty ornament by Vals Stitching Stuff around Thanksgiving. I stitched it on 18 ct white aida with DMC threads. The gold background was supposed to be metallic threads but I substituted regular DMC instead. I still have to put a jingle bell on the hat and then finish it off into a tree ornament. For some reason, after finishing this ornament, I fell into a stitching slump. I spent the rest of December working on one small penguin ornament for my Godmother. I did get it finished and in the mail to her, I am glad it didn't have to travel far as it was getting pretty close to Christmas.





School got out for vacation on the 19th of December, almost a whole week before Christmas. Ed started his vacation Christmas Eve. Santa was very good to our family this year and left some nice things under our tree...Ed found an Ipod touch, handgun and some tools. I found an Ipod touch, Idock and a digital picture frame. Tyler found an Ipod touch, snowmobile helmet, clothes and more. I also had purchased concert tickets to see Motley Crue, Hinder and Theory of a Deadman for us all to go to when they are in our area. Here are a few pictures I have to share.

Tyler snooping, funny thing was it wasn't his present



Sharing the wrappings with Bug


Tiger playing in the paper



Bug looking for his present



Tyler relaxing, I think I need to turn up the heat!






We went shopping the day after Christmas and bought a couple fo decorations for next year. We have been to see Bedtime Stories and Madagascar 2, both were pretty good and we hope to go see Marley and Me sometime this week. Ed and Tyler have been for a snowmobile ride this week and are hoping to go again this weekend. Today we went bowling and tonight we are having a Wii Party night. It sure has been nice to all be on vacation again at the same time and beable to do things without being on a schedule.


I think that about sums up December, it sure was busy and went by in a flash. I want to wish all my blogging family and friends a Happy New Year and I wish you all the best in 2009.
Until Next Time,
Kim
**edited to add~for some reason I can't seem to get the photo of the penguin to post so I will have to add it next time.



1 comments:

LoriRay said...

I really like your Val's kitty ornament - too cute! I also love the picture of the kitty with the gift wrap. (Can you tell I love cats? LOL)

You sure have been busy! Hopefully, 2009 will allow you more blogging and stitching time.

Happy New Year! :)