Thursday, February 26, 2009

Egg Babies...








I would like to introduce my new Grand Egg. Tyler's health class is doing an egg baby project where they have to carry an egg around for a week and treat it like it was a baby.

It took six tries to get one egg blown out before they cracked. He drew a face on his egg but decided he liked the duck mask better so he decided to use that instead.

It rests in a small box lined with cotton balls and so far has survived thru the first twenty four hours. He has to journal every day about the experience and what he did with his egg.

However, should the egg break, he has to write an obituary, read an article about child abuse, write a report on child abuse, learn the help line phone numbers and serve a half hour detention.
Only 6 more days to go to complete the project :)

I haven't stitched since Monday but I hope to get some stitching time this evening.

Until Next Time,
Kim

3 comments:

Melissa said...

OMG, the duck mask is adorable. Good luck for keeping it alive 6 more days. That's a lot of work if it happened to crack. I would protect it with my life. Keep us updated.

Cindy F. said...

Love the duck mask:)
I couldn't even imagine trying to take care of an egg for a week!!
Good luck to Tyler:)

2stitchinsisters said...

OMG! I cracked up, forgive the pun, when I read your post! I can just imagine the horror in that little boys heart if anything bad happened to his little baby. I'll pray for you, good luck.
~Nicole, thyme2sow