Wednesday, May 13, 2009

WIP Updates...

While I was away from blogging, I did do a little bit of stitching and I did have one very small finish...First up is Peppermint Twist by Blue Ribbon Designs, this one has been fun to stitch but I sure have had to frog more than usual, sometimes it seems like the charts that appear more easy to follow cause me the most problems. LOL! I plan to stitch the smalls that are parts of this design as well as make a couple of ornaments and a bookmark. I love these designs that Blue Ribbon is putting out there are so many things you can do with just the one pattern.

Peppermint Twist
Blue Ribbon Designs
32 ct New Khaki over 2
Crescent Colours Thread

Next I started working on Traveling Stitcher by Little House Needleworks. I did not purchase the stitching bag designed for it, I just purchased the chart thread pack and figure I will get it put on to a small take along project bag. I used the Crescent Colour Threads it called for but am now wishing I had converted them to DMC so if/when the tote becomes soiled the stitched pieces could be washed if needed. The colors in this one are so pretty and I admit I am just a big sucker when it comes to Little House Needleworks Designs :)

Traveling Stitcher

Little House Needleworks

32 ct Lambswool

Crescent Colour Threads

I have one more wip that I will have to share tomorrow, It is a canvas work piece and is a first for me. I forgot to take a picture of it last night and I have to head to work soon so I will share it tomorrow. My one teeny tiny finish was the needlebook part to the Traveling Stitcher. I have admired other stitchers needlebooks and now I will soon have one of my own :)

Traveling Stitcher Needlebook
Little House Needleworks
32 ct Lambswool
Crescent Colour Threads
Off to a cold start this morning, only 32 degrees and not a cloud in the sky...It is supposed to be sunny today and around 70. Tyler has a baseball game at home afterschool today and I think it is going to be a perfect day to play ball. ***Go Coyotes***
Until Next Time,
Kim


3 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Your Peppermint Twist is looking so pretty:) I have this one too and like you said, it has a lot of good smalls for doing other things with.
Great progress on Traveling Stitcher and Congrats on your needle's page finish!! Can't wait to see this finished!

Barb said...

Cute finish. Love your Peppermint Twist piece it will be stunning when done.

Barb said...

Cute finish. Love your Peppermint Twist piece it will be stunning when done.