Thursday, May 14, 2009

Canvas Work....

About a month ago, I met a stitching friend for a trip to Stitchers Corner. She was telling me about another friend that had purchased a beautiful canvas work project and she was thinking of trying one too, so of course I had to go check them out and well I guess you can tell what happened next :) I saw this one called In the Woods by Nancy's Needle and just had to have it. I got started on it over April vacation and soon realized I made a mistake counting so I had to take it out and start again. Here is my progress so far. Not sure how I will finish it off but it will be perfect for either my living room or camper.


I really like doing the canvas work but it just feels so big and gomy, I think I will try a smaller one next time and am going to give it a try on evenweave instead of the canvas and see if I like it better. If you would like to try canvas work, I found some nice free patterns on this website Laura J Perin Designs. Check it out, one can never have to many projects...

It is very windy here today and the power has gone out and came right back on a couple of times. I hope we don't lose it but if we do, at least we have the camper in the yard still so we can go out there and run the lights off the batteries and play some games, read or I can stitch. I Finished getting it ready last weekend and we will be hauling it to the campground Saturday and leaving it for the camping season which kicks off next weekend. Only 8 more days and I can't wait...

Until Next Time,
Kim

3 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Kim! This is beautiful! Love the stitches and the design!

LoriRay said...

Aha! You're not going to lure me into canvas work! Nice try. LOL ;-)

Okay, so I confess that I have a couple of canvas projects...hee hee...

Yours is lovely! Excellent work! Thanks for sharing. :)

TammyK said...

I love your canvas work - it's beautiful. Thanks for the link. There's a lot of nice freebies on there.