I was able to get my Peppermint Twist piece stitched up and I am very happy with how it looks. While stitching this piece I really decided I did not like the bottom two blocks, one was two owls on a wreath and the other was a house with some trees so I decided to leave them off and just make my picture shorter than the model. I stitched it on New Khaki evenweave using the Crescent Colour Threads the pattern calls for. I really like the vibrant colors and I think it looks so much brighter by leaving the bottom blocks off. The only problem I found by leaving off the bottom blocks, the right side of the picture comes out one square shorter than the left side but I dont think it will be very noticable and if it is, it doesnt matter because I stitched this one for me.
The weather here has been really crappy for the last 6 weeks or so. We only had 2 days in the month of June that were sunny, the rest have been very cloudy and rainy. We have had over 8 inches of rain and so far July isnt really any better. The only good thing about the weather is that is makes for guilt free stitching time :)
Until Next Time,
Kim

2 comments:
We are having crazy rain too. Well done on your finish
We need your rain!!!
Congrats on finishing PT!! Beautiful stitching! and I like how you made it your own.
Pretty progress on Garden Girl:)
Post a Comment