It appears that 2010 will not be the year of stitching for me....I haven't had much desire to stitch since last fall. I started this piece back in February and thought it would be a quick stitch, boy was I wrong! It took me more than TWO months to finish it. I really liked the bright colors and it is much brighter than it looks in the photo. The design is from the Girls Trio leaflet from Imaginating. I stitched it on 18 ct white aida with DMC threads.
I also competed this cute little snowman ornament from the leaflet Snowmen and Santas by Prairie Schooler. I had been wanting to do this one since it came out. I stitched this one over 2 on 32 ct Summer Khaki evenweave using DMC threads. This ornament is a little bigger than I like but I will just have to find a bigger spot for him :) I wish designers would make ornament designs to be ornament size...unless you have a huge tree alot of designs are way too big unless you stitch them over one on a higher count cloth, which I do but sometimes when stitching over one the lighter colors get lost in the piece.
I am currently working on Peace on Earth from the Songs of the Season leaflet by Prairie Schooler. I am hoping now that I am on vacation for the summer and life is a bit slower I will get back in the groove on my stitching.
Until Next Time,
Kim

2 comments:
They are both so cute !
So nice to see your new finishes, Kim--hope you get more time to stitch this summer. I agree with you about the size of those large "ornaments"--that is why I end up stitching so many of mine "over one."
Hope you have a relaxing summer, Kim :)
Post a Comment