Today is another Snow Day! I love those snow days now but sure will hate making them up in June when I will want to be camping. Yesterday I did get all the Christmas decorations up and did a bunch of cleaning. Today, I plan to sit, stitch and enjoy the day. For Ten Thought Tuesday, I thought I would list some quick Christmas Memories from years past.
Ten Thought Tuesday~Christmas Memories
1. My older sister and I used to lay in our bed at night with our ears pressed to the hot air vent listening to what our parents were talking about getting us for Christmas.
2. One Christmas when I was little, I got a GE cassette tape player recorder from Santa. It came with a 10 minute blank tape, I recorded my Mother singing I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus and I still have that tape packed away.
3. My cousins purchased a Play Girl Magazine and placed it in my Grammy's stocking. She looked thru it and said she was quite impressed and than made a few comments about Grampy that were not compliments.
4. When I was young growing up, my parents did not exchange gifts. They spent what they had on us kids. As years passed and we moved out they were able to purchase for eachother. It made me feel so good inside to see them exchange gifts.
5. One Christmas Morning, My Mom saw something in a bowl and thought it was Spanish Peanuts and popped some into her mouth. She ran from the room gagging and tripping over wrapping paper when she realised she had eaten the Tender Vittles I had put out for the cat.
6. Ed gave me a diamond for Christmas wrapped in several boxes with other items to throw me off. His Dad watched me open it and thought it was quite funny.
7. Christmas Night 1989, My Grandmother passed away. My Mom had always enjoyed Christmas so much and with the death of her Mom it diminished her Christmas Spirit for several years.
8. I used to get so excited for all of the Christmas specials every year. Cartoons weren't on everyday and the Christmas specials were only on once a year. If you missed it you were out of luck until the next year, there were no VCRs yet.
9. Christmas 2005, we purchased our son a used snowmobile for Christmas. Upon opening the set of keys and finding out what they went to her was speechless, cried and shook all over for at least 10 minutes.
10. Christmas that we decided to go and stay with our families. We had gone to bed at my parents on Christmas Eve and my parents had gone out to visit family. When they came home, My Dad woke us all up at 2:00 and told us it was time to get up. He had a gift under the tree that he was dying to know what was in it. I think he was actually just paying us back for all of those Christmas mornings we had woke them up so early.
11. One year at my parents, we were all opening gifts. Every gift and I do mean every gift my Dad opened was either socks or gloves. He must have had the warmest hands and feet that year.
I know it was supposed to be Ten Thoughts and not Eleven but I just had to add that one on the end. Christmas is a very special time of the year and we always seem to make memories that we can keep forever in our hearts no matter how far away we are from the ones we love.
From Our House To Yours, Happy Holidays!
Kim
7 years ago

3 comments:
Kim,those are some great memories It made me think back to all of the great memories my mom made for my brothers and I
Thanks
Those are some great memories.
memories of the past, they are great, arent they? i find, these are few things in life that no one can take away from you.. you come by my blog when you have the chance.. regards..P
Post a Comment