Way up north where the wind does blow and the snow banks grow is a small place called Shin Pond. This has got to be the closest place to Heaven on Earth. It is the greatest place to visit, the scenery is just beautiful year round and the people are so friendly! The local groccery store offers to carry everyones grocceries out even if you only have ONE bag! Where I live you could go to the groccery store and fill two carts and still have to beg for help taking them out to your car. People speak to each other on the street even if they don't know you, its one of those places you dream about but don't believe it actually exists until you visit there. I took this picture from the deck of our cabin, I had intended to take more photos but just never did :(
Shin Pond is a very special place for my family. We have been going there for 14 years now and my son had his first snowmobile ride there when he was only 4 months old, it was only 2/10 of a mile but it was a ride. The past couple of years we have have spent Martin Luther King weekend in a big cabin with a bunch of friends. This year there was a total of 14 people, the hardest part is the cabin only has one bathroom so needless to say there is always someone dancing outside the bathroom door. LOL!
I am not a winter person, I do not like to be out in the snow and cold. I much perfer to be inside and be warm. Everyone else in the group likes to snowmobile so they spent Saturday riding for 12 hours so I stitched for a solid 8 hours and watched several episodes of Desperate Housewives. When I couldn't sit any more, I went to visit some other friends that were staying there as well.
On Sunday, Ed & Tyler decided to go on a faster snowmobile ride with another good friend. They got to where they were going but when they were on their way back, Tyler lost the engine in his sled and had to be towed back the last 20 miles. He was quite cold but was in good spirits knowing that his snowmobile season may have come to an abrupt end. Tyler's Arctic Cat ZRT 600 Triple has always been extremely hard on gas. Upon returning from this trip, his first statement to me was, "That's the best gas mileage I ever got!"
The joke for the rest of the time we were there was, Tyler do you want to go for a ride....UH I mean TOW? Thankfully, he has a great sense of humor and this happened late in the day on Sunday. Monday, it was well below zero so it was too cold to ride before we came home. It was no fault of Tyler's that the engine blew, it was just one of those things that happens sometimes. We deided it made more sense to get him another snowmobile instead of replacing or rebuliding the engine. As of this past Saturday his is now the proud owner of a 2004 Arctic Cat ZL 600. Let me tell you he is one happy boy! Unfortunately, they forgot to take photos last weekend but are going to Shin Pond to ride on Saturday and they have promised to take photos so I will post them when they get back. He made us very proud when he offered the newer sled to his Dad and offered to ride the 98 Ski-doo instead, he is just so thoughtful!
Until Next Time,
Kim

0 comments:
Post a Comment