Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Stash



While I was out groccery shopping the other day, I saw this magazine on the rack. I don't usually buy magazines but when I looked at this one, I just had to purchase it. I thought the bunnies and chicks on the cover were just adorable. I don't really care for the bag idea so I may try to alter the background and make it into a piece I can frame or make a hanging out of. There are also some other great designs inside as well. This is the best issue of the Cross Stitcher I have seen in a while :)


I also received my order from Down Sunshine Lane recently. This was the first time I had ordered from them and I am a very happy customer! The communication was great, Shipping was reasonaable and very fast. I will be doing business with them again I am sure. I ordered the new LHN Heart of America and Plum Street Samplers Swiss Proverb chart. I have added them to my ever growing pile of stash.

I can't decide if the computer and internet is a good thing or not. Before the internet, I would go to an LNS that was a half hour away and would browse and buy from what she stocked. I stitched on either white or antique white Aida with hoops and only DMC floss. Along came the internet and showed me all the other wonderful things I had been missing out on. Q-snaps, over dyed thread, evenweave and a whole new world of charts, including free ones! A couple of good things about not having a computer and internet access was, my stash pile was much smaller and I had alot more time to stitch :)
Until Next Time,

1 comments:

patternnuts said...

I ♥ the UK Cross Stitch magazines, but I usually pass on the American ones. I may have to go out and pick this one up! It's cute!
Down Sunshine Lane you say? Hmm, have to go and see what they have!