Tyler's language arts class and several others recently finished a unit on bullying. The entire class all read a book called Give A Boy A Gun by Todd Strasser. This is a great book geared towards young teens that gives a good perspective on bullying and what can happen. I read this book a few years ago myself for an adult/teen book group and the discussion was the best book discussion I have ever attended.
After they read the book, they were split into small groups and had to make an I-movie using their school laptops. They had an open house/movie night where families could go and view the movies the kids had done. They all did an awesome job and staff at school voted on the movies and awards were handed out. Tyler's group won two awards, one for best use of sound effects and the other one for best story board. Tyler won an award for best actor for the part he played in his groups movie and one of the girls in his group won an award for Best Actree. Tyler was the only boy in a group with three girls so you can guess who the one being bullied was :)
The teacher made copies of all the movies the kids had made and gave a copy to each stutdent to keep. I am very glad they did this unit on bullying, it is such a big problem in schools today and it happens way more than most people realise.
I am making pretty good progress on Bless Our Home and will try to post a new photo tomorrow. Right now I am off to finish baking some cookies for Tyler to take to the baseball team dinner tonight.
Until Next Time,
Kim


1 comments:
The kids here have been doing some things about bullying too. Good thing as technology has increased, sheesh, to think what a kid can do with a camera phone!
Kudos for him, the project and the ones that thought of the project.:)
Love your stitching to btw. :)
Post a Comment