Monday, June 23, 2008

Heart of America Finished...



The suspense has been killing me on whether I was going to have enough of the English Ivy color to finish this project so I stayed up until midnight last night and then got up this morning and went back to work until I finished it. I am happy to report that with 6 1/2 inches to spare, I made it :)

This is Heart of America by Little House Needleworks stitched on 28 ct Summer Khaki using the Crescent Colours thread it came with. It was a fun project to stitch and I really had a hard time putting this one down. I love this piece and the colors are much darker than they appear in the photo. For some reason I just could not get a nice photo of the true colors. This one will be made into a wall hanging, not sure if I will attempt it myself or if I will have someone else do This is my 17th finish so far, although 9 of those were ornaments.

Not sure what I will pick up next, I figured I would finish up a wip snowman ornament I had going and give it a day or two to decide on the next project. Not much going on here on the home front. We didn't go to the campground this weekend as Tyler had a double header for baseball. We did go to the movies and saw Don't Mess With Zohan, starring Adam Sandler. I usually like all the movies he is in but this one was horrible! I wish I had taking the time to check the reviews before I wasted the money, but if nothing else the popcorn was good...


Until Next Time,

Kim

3 comments:

Nikki said...

what I spent all weekend working on too!! Funny, I was thinking last night, "I wonder if I am going to have enough English Ivy to finish?"....then I thought, "Well, if I don't I will ask Kim if she has any left".....but.... I guess NOT !!! LOL

Nikki

Sue said...

Wow, what a gorgeous finish ;)

Unknown said...

It looks awesome Kim! What a great finish! Now ship it to me so I can hang it on my walls. LOL