Friday, June 20, 2008

Heart Of America Update....







Sorry, I didn't get this posted last weekend as planned. This is the progress I had made thru last weekend and actually this week has been so busy, I haven't stitched at all so this is still how much I have done.

I was working on the bottom block and noticed that the stars set over 1 extra square on the right side then they do the left side. I am not sure if it is a mistake or not so I decided to leave it until I completed the blocks on the right side so I could make sure it will line up right. I don't like to frog and having to take out dark colors is the worst, it always seems like no matter how much I pick at it, I can still see small fuzzies or the dye from the thread comes out on the material. I hope to get it finished up by next week.

Tyler had an award ceremony the last day of school and he recieved awards for Highest Honors (awarded to students who maintain straight A's for the entire year), Scholar Athele Award (awarded to students who play 2 or more sports and maintain straight A's for the entire year), and the "Good Egg" Award (awarded to a student who is just an all around good student & good school citizen who often goes above and beyond what is expected of them without being asked). He also completed the year without missing a day of school. As you can guess we are are very proud of him and all he has accomplished...We are now on summer vacation until September 2nd and I must say it feels great :)

Until Next Time,
Kim

2 comments:

Sue said...

Heart of America looks stunning. I tried to find the questionable mistake you spoke of but couldn't :).

Congratulations to Tyler!!

Nikki said...

It looks great Kim. I started mine last weekend. I checked my chart too, and the bottom square has the stars lined up with the other's on the right and on the left. You must have gotten a chart with an error before they discovered it and fixed it !!! It's fun to sttich.

Nikki