Thursday, July 3, 2008

In Loving Memory Of...


July 4, 1931 - June 28, 1994

What I'd give if I could say


Hello Dad in the same old way.


To hear your voice and see your smile,


to sit with you and chat awhile.


Please God forgive a silent tear,


a fervent wish my Dad was here.


There are others, yes I know,


but he was mine and I loved him so.


Dear God, take a message


to my Father in Heaven above,


tell him how much we miss him


and give him all our love.

****Edited to add: I have had a couple of comments and e-mails about this post, I just want to clarify that this In Memoriam was for my Father In Law and not my Father. The verse is one Ed and I had put in the local paper one year for his Father. My Father is alive and well, he will turn 76 next month. I am sorry for any confusion, it was not my intent.
Kim


2 comments:

patternnuts said...

My thoughts are with you... for your dad. :)

Kim said...

Thanks for your good thoughts, this is actually my Father in Law and an In Memoriam we had put in the local paper one year. Sorry for the confusion, I will go edit that post.