Tyler's football season came to an abrupt end earlier today. He has a fractured distal phalanx, which means he has fractured the smallest bone that is closest to his finget tip. It doesn't look too bad in the picture but up close it is very swollen, he has a small range of motion and his finger is purple on the palm side from the tip of his finger to the second joint. We are being referred to an orthopedic surgeon for his opinion. He is in a splint for 4-6 weeks, has to have another x-ray in three weeks and is out of football, PE and most physical activity requiring him to use his hand. Needless, to say he is some dissappointed about not being able to play football. He has played the entire game every game except for one play. I am sure his coach & team mates are going to be dissappointed as well when they find out on Tuesday, which is also gameday.
I have not been doing a lot of stitching this week but have been working on a small Prairie Schooler ornament in the evenings. Here is where I am on it now and I think I should be able to finish it up this week. I am stitching it over 1 on 28 ct. I am planning on making it into an ornament and I perfer smaller ornaments over larger.
Tomorrow morning I am headed to AC Moore first thing in the morning. They have DMC on sale Sunday and Monday 8/$1....I haven't seen it that cheap in well over a year, unless you count the sale that Wal-Mart had when they discontinued floss. I have my list ready and I hope it is well stocked.
Until Next Time,
Kim

0 comments:
Post a Comment