Sunday, January 11, 2009

Joy Finished...





Although my stitching mojo hasn't fully returned, I was able to complete the stitching on Joy ornament this afternoon while catching up on some TV shows. I stitched this on 28 ct mushroom lugana over 2 using the DMC threads it called for. It is bigger than what I like for an ornament so I will have to explore some other ways to finish it off. I started working on the Cookies & Milk for Santa ornament from this same leaflet and managed to get part of the border completed. After the Cookies and Milk one is done, I think I need to move onto something else besides Christmas.

We all returned to school and work last Monday and life has slowly been returning to normal. All the Christmas decorations are now completely down and packed away in the shed until next year. Now, I have to get busy and get some cleaning done and all my regular decor put back out. We started shopping yesterday for a new couch, we started out looking for a sectional but didn't find anything we liked so we are thinking about maybe just getting a regular couch, loveseat and a chair. One thing we all can agree on is it needs to recline :) My living room set is 18 years old so I think it is time for a change.

Until Next Time,
Kim

3 comments:

staci said...

Cute finish, congrats :)

Suburban Stitcher said...

Love it! Very cute :)

Cindy F. said...

Kim, this piece is too cute! I love it! I think Christmas pieces are always the funnest to stitch.

Have fun furniture shopping! There are so many pretty fabrics out there if you can find the style you like.