Today is the last day of February vacation and it is back to the real world and the kitchen tomorrow. I worked on this a little this week and I finished up the teddy bear, although it doesn't look like much, it took me two evenings of stitching time to complete just that little bear! This is a a knot work project desinged by Teresa Layman and the entire picture is ALL french knots. This is a close up picture so you can actually see the knots a bit better, if you haven't tried knot work before you should give it a try, it is really neat and all of your knots don't have to be perfect, they all blend in very nicely.
My Mom came to visit for most of vacation and I took her to Augusta shopping on Wednesday. I found this neat cart at the Christmas Tree Shop and thought it would be a great way to organize and store my stitching projects I am working on. I cleaned out my "mess" beside the couch and it is all now neatly stored in the cart. I thought it was a pretty good deal for $30 and each drawer is just the perfect size to hold one complete project so now when I want to stitch, I just pull the drawer out and everything for that project is all together.
Since I was already in Augusta and just 20 minutes from Stitcher's Corner, I made a quick trip down to pick up the over dyed threads I was needing to kit up and finish up some projects. Of course, I had to check out the new charts and I bought two of the new Prairie Schooler charts and the first three Lizzie Kate Halloween charts. I also bought a piece of fabric so I could get started on Peppermint Twist. I think I will be busy for a while :)
We went to the movies this week and saw Tale of Desperaux and Bolt. They were both pretty good and I had to laugh at my Mother when the rat in Desperaux ate a worm and she started gagging out loud...She also thought I was taking her to a drive in movie when I went to the atm but that is another story! Ed and Tyler went on a snowmobile trip for three days and logged more than 500 miles. They had a great time and were very tired when they got home. It looks like we have 12-18 inches of snow on the way for tonight and tomorrow so they should still beable to ride for at least another month. I can't share any photos as Ed did remember to take his camera with him this time but left it in his pocket the whole time.
Until Next Time,
Kim

2 comments:
Great cabinet for storage. My Mom would have thought the same about the ATM and would have done more than just gag :)
OH WOW!! Your knot work piece is incredible!! I've never seen anything like it!! It's absolutely adorable!!
Great cabinet! I've been looking for something to put by my stitching chair too! Great idea!
Post a Comment