Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Autumn Harvest & Chickadee Progress...

We went to the campground last weekend and I took Autumn Harvest along to work on. I managed to get quite a bit done. I am stitching this one on 28 ct over 1 with DMC threads. It is quite small, I meant to put something beside it before I took the photo to give you a better idea of the true size but I forgot. I will remember to do it next time.

Autumn Harves
Little House Needleworks
28ct fabric over 1
DMC threads
I started the Christmas Chick over on aida material, instead of the evenweave. For some reason I was just having a hard time trying to stitch this one on the sparkly fabric so I just chucked it and started over on plain ol boring white and it is going much better :)
Christmas Chick
Heritage Stitchcraft
18 ct white aida
DMC threads
The weather here in Maine has been anything but summer like, the temps have been pretty much below normal and precip is way up, we had over 8 inches of rain in the month of June. The local news last night had a short piece on about the weather and said that our area normally averages 36 days a year of temps above 80 and so far this year we have had only 6. Tonights temps are forcasted to be in the upper 40s, sure not summer weather it feels more like fall.

Finally, I will end this post with a couple of pictures of one of my kitties. This is Tiger who thinks she is the "dictator " of a small piece of furniture more commonly know as my computer desk. Some people have small bowls of fish that live on their desk, me I have a cat.

Here she is protecting her brush, so no one can steal it while she is asleep.

Wondering why I had to take the camera out and disturb her while she was comfortable.
Until Next Time,
Kim

2 comments:

riona said...

I love the Autumn Harvest ... is it on 4"x4" Q-snaps? I look forward to seeing the progress on the chickadee ... it is such a cheerful design ... I can't help but smile everytime I see it.

Cindy F. said...

Great wips and pretty progress!
and a really sweet pic of Tiger:)