Been enjoying the last couple of weeks of summer vacation, the weather has been nice and I have had quite a bit of free time to do whatever I feel like doing at the moment.
This week I finished up the stitching on Holly & Berries by Little House Needleworks. I stitched it over 2 on 32 ct Summer Khaki with DMC threads. The size is quite a bit bigger than what I perfer for an ornament so I may decide to stitch it again over one to make it smaller for the tree...
Tyler started double session football practices last Monday and of course the weather was hot and humid all week...he survived the week and is enjoying a couple of days off before their first scrimmage on Monday. He is a freshmen this year and will be starting at full back on the Varsity football team. Quite an honor for a freshmen to play Varsity, we are so proud of him :)
I am back to working on a couple of wips that I have had stashed away for a while. I put a few more stitches in Pumpkin Patch by Prairie Schooler and have Always & Forever by LHN about half done. Really trying to get somethings finished up before I give in and start something new but it sure is hard and with all the new fall, halloween and Chirstmas charts that have been released in the past few weeks, if only I could stitch as fast as some designers can design....
Until Next Time,
Kim

3 comments:
I too have been thinking of cooler weather lol! holly berries looks great! Thought I'd let you know that I have a nice sized Christmas freebie that I have put up for everyone. Look forward to you stopping
by! Enjoy!
Leeanne
Love your Holly & Berries :o) Have you ever checked out cyberstitchers.com? They have a fabric size calculator that's pretty cool. I use it all the time to know what my finished size is gonna be. So far, for me, it's been accurate.
Beautiful finish ... and have to echo your comment about the temptations posed by the new Halloween and Christmas charts ... but I am determined to stitch from stash for the remainder of the year ... I don't want to end up in the SABLE category.
Post a Comment