Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gingerbread Tree Finished....










I finished up this little cutie over Thanksgiving break. It is Gingerbread Tree designed by Little House Needleworks, the pattern was in the JCS Ornament Preview a few months ago. I stitched this over one on 28 ct evenweave with DMC threads. Because it is so small, I did the french knots for the eyes and buttons. I usually don't mind french knots but doing them on the smaller count fabric was not fun, it was hard to get them semi-even and to make them look separate and not like one big black blob!

I am now working on Season of Love by Country Cottage Needleworks, that was in the same issue. I also printed off a bunch of free Christmas charts I have been wanting to stitch, so hopefully I will beable to get a couple more finishes in before the end of the year.

Until Next Time,
Kim

2 comments:

kimstitch3 said...

cute Kim, love your tree hon.Take care,Kimberly

Carol said...

Very cute piece, Kim. I was thinking about doing this over one, too, but after reading your comments about the French knots I may re-think that idea :)