Thursday, February 3, 2011

Update...

Not sure where December and January went but it sure flew by...I couldn't believe how long it has been a long time since I last posted! December was a busy month with holiday activites and the usual shopping and wrapping. Tyler and I enjoyed two weeks of vacation for Christmas this year, although Hubby had to work, he at least had a couple of long weekends. Our family enjoyed a quiet Christmas at home, we went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch and to the movies in the afternoon. We really enjoyed doing that and I think it will be a new family tradition.

I didn't get any cross stitching done for Christmas this year but I did make a couple of dishcloth sets as gifts for friends. Each set had three solid dishcloths and a matching scrubbie. Unfortunately, I only took photos of this one set. I was really pleased with the finish and since I have lots of cotton yarn to use up I think I will make some for me sometime soon.

Here is the completed set



Close up of the design on the cloth, all three were basket weave pattern



Close up of the scrubbie which was crocheted



Life as I know it has really changed..My son got his drivers license on January 21st. He took his road test for the second time in a huge snow storm and passed! I am very happy for him and it sure has freed up alot of my time. I have been cleaning out, taking things to Good Will and last week I actually stitched a couple of hours every afternoon, something I haven't done for a very long time. I completed a few things, I just have to press them and take some photos. I hope to get alot more projects completed this year then last, my list of finishes was pretty pitiful looking.

I guess I just never realized how much time I spent waiting to pick him up everyday after school, taking him to practice, picking him up from practice and taking him to everything else he was involved with. I really like the extra free time but I must admit, somedays I feel a bit bored and a bit less needed...My son is quickly becoming an independent mature young man but in my eyes I will always see that little boy out in the yard picking a bouquet of dandelions and handing them to me with a big smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye :)

Until Next Time,
Kim

0 comments: